Congratulations to the winner of the last quiz, Amy, who was one of four people who got all ten answers correct.
Here are this week’s questions. Email answers to theworldwontlisten at hotmail.co.uk by next Wednesday. Good luck!
1) Jimmy Kimmel was the focus of which rapper’s wrath on Twitter earlier this week?
2) Jason Lytle was/is the frontman of which indie rock band from Modesto, California?
3) The Tom Berninger-directed ‘Mistaken for Strangers’ is a recent documentary about which American band?
4) Reginald Kenneth Dwight is the birth name of Elton John, but when he changed his name he also added a rather ostentatious middle name in, too. Is it a) Ulysses b) Apollo or c) Hercules?
5) Peter Andre’s ‘Mysterious Girl‘. The Prodigy’s ‘Firestarter‘. Underworld’s ‘Born Slippy‘. All singles released in what year?
6) Barry Gibb is the only surviving Bee Gee. What were his two brothers’ names?
7) What Irish band won the Choice Music Prize earlier this year for their album ‘Little Sparks‘?
8) Dave Gahan, Martin Gore and Andy Fletcher are members of which band, formed in Essex in 1980 and set to play Dublin and Belfast this November?
9) Prince, Solange Knowles and Erykah Badu are all guests on which electrifying young r ‘n’ b/soul lady’s new album?
10) Most people are familiar with Blur man Damon Albarn’s ‘other band’, Gorillaz, but he was also part of a supergroup with Simon Tong, Tony Allen and The Clash’s Paul Simonon. Although they were officially ‘unnamed’, they went by the title of their only album, released in 1997 – what was it called?
Last quiz answers:
1) Manic Street Preachers
2) 5 (Jake Bugg, Laura Mvula, Savages, Rudimental and Disclosure)
4) a) Jay Z b) Lil’ Wayne c) Snoop Dogg
5) Mumford and Sons
6) James Murphy – produced Arcade Fire’s new album and co-produced/released on his label DFA/guested on Shit Robot’s debut ‘From the Cradle to the Rave’
7) Kim Gordon
8) James Blunt’s ‘You’re Beautiful’
9) Loudon Wainwright III and Kate McGarrigle